We all have some ridiculous, extended characters that we use to keep our Wi-Fi safe from people who we don’t want to see. On the other hand, our family and friends sometimes want to join the network when we ask them to do so. If you’re in this situation right now and you can’t remember your Password, or if it’s too long or hard to type, we can help you. This guide shows you everything you need to know about sharing Wi-Fi passwords between devices.
On Android, how do you share the Wi-Fi password?
If you need a phone that runs Android 9 Pie or later, you can share Wi-Fi passwords by scanning a QR code. You can share your saved Wi-Fi networks with other Android users by giving them QR codes. For example, That’s the best way to connect with a friend without telling them your Password or typing it for them. They should scan the QR code with Google Lens or through the Wi-Fi connection interface to get it.
On Android, you can share Wi-Fi passwords
- Take a look at your phone’s settings.
- To find Wi-Fi, go to Networks & Internet, then click on it.
- “Saved networks” to get to the part.
- Now, pick the Wi-Fi network you like to share with your friends and family.
- Watch for the “Share” button on the screen. Then, tap it.
- To show the network as a QR code on your phone screen, you’ll need to enter your phone’s Password.
Make a QR code and tell your friend to open Settings > Wi-Fi on his Android phone. Then, tap the Scan button to connect. Scanning the QR code with Google Lens would also do the same thing. You can also share your Wi-Fi password through Nearby Share if both Android devices have Android 12. This makes it easier for other people to join the network.
On Windows, how do you share your Wi-Fi password with other people?
If your new coworker wants to join the Wi-Fi network, but you don’t know its Password, you can always find it on your Windows computer, as long as you have administrator rights. You can’t share the passwords with a QR code or any other quick way. But you could quickly get your password characters back.
This is how:
- Go to the Control Panel and click on the button when you start your computer.
- Navigate to the Network and the Internet.
- Make sure that you are in the Network and Sharing Center.
- You’ll be able to see the name of the network you’re connected to. If not, connect to the Wi-Fi first.
- Tap the word of the web, then choose Wireless Properties to see some more information about the thing you’re on.
- Make sure “Show characters” is checked. This will show you the Wi-Fi password.
- You’ll need to be an administrator to do that.
How to share your iPhone or iPad’s Wi-Fi password with other people
Share your Wi-Fi network just like Google did for Android. Apple lets you do the same thing for your iPhone and iPad, too! It’s also simple. Even so, you can only share your network’s Password with people who are on your contact list.
Apple’s way of sharing Wi-Fi networks could be a little easier, but it could be better. A pop-up window will appear if the person trying to connect is in your range, has Bluetooth turned on, and both of you have saved each other’s email addresses. You’ll be asked if you want to grant the permission or not.
Before that, you have to follow the steps:
- The initial matter you should do is add each other’s email addresses to your contact list so that you can keep in touch. Apple ID must be the same as the email.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi on your iPhone.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth on both phones and keep them close together (within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range)
- In the Wi-Fi settings on his phone, tell him to look for the network you’re sharing. Then, ask him to try to connect to the network.
- Soon, your device will show up with a pop-up window that asks you if you want to share the Wi-Fi password with “your friend.” You can choose to do so.
- Share Password to connect him right away.
That’s all. This is the time when your friend should be on the network. As long as you’ve added each other’s email addresses to your contact list, you can do the same thing on Mac.
How do I share my Mac’s Wi-Fi password?
You might be able to find and share a Wi-Fi network on your Mac the same way you would on a Windows computer. Because they don’t have a one-click share like iPhones and Android devices do, they still work. All you want to do is note down a person’s Password so they can connect.
Take these steps to start
- “Finder” is the app’s name that comes with your Mac.
- Then, go to the Applications.
- To get access to your keys, then click Keychain Access.
- You’ll see a list of all the networks you’ve ever been on. When you get there, find the network you want to share with and tap into it, then.
- Now, check the “Show password” box “To show the Wi-Fi password.
- Before you can do that, you’ll need to ensure you have administrator access.
Can you exchange Wi-Fi passwords between an iPhone and an Android device?
Not at all! There was a fire. “To get through some corners, you’ll have to go around them. You can’t share your Wi-Fi network because both of your systems don’t work when you’re together. But there’s always a person who works.
It’s possible to share the Password with your friend without giving them the Password directly. You can do this by making a QR code with your friend’s name on it. A QR code generator must be downloaded from the App Store to do that. Then it would help if you did as shown in this guide:
- Please look at the app after you’ve downloaded it and set it up.
- Select the Wi-Fi code you want to make.
- Now, enter your Wi-Fi settings, such as the Password and SSID (network name)
- Choosing your Wi-Fi encryption method “may” also be a thing you need to think about.
- Click the Share button above the screen to make a QR code when you’re done.
You can ask your friend to scan the QR code with Google Lens or Camera on his Android device so that he can join the group.
The following is what to do when Wi-Fi sharing does not work:
In this guide, you can’t use it if your device doesn’t work with you gently to give you your Wi-Fi password. People in those shoes don’t have to be afraid, though. Try these instead.
- We suggest that you restart both devices. They won’t work again.
- Now, make sure that both of your devices are up to date, and then you can move on. If not, don’t and do all of your System Updates before you try again.
- Wi-Fi can also be turned off and on both of your devices to see if that helps.
- If that doesn’t work, make sure both devices are in the range of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Turn off Personal Hotspot on both of your phones. This is even more important.
- Password sharing on Android, iPhone, and iPad is easy. You can always let the receiver enter the Password on their own if they still can’t connect to the network.
It doesn’t matter what kind of device you have, and it’s easy to share Wi-Fi passwords these days. So, if they always want to let people into your network but find it hard or don’t know-how, now you know. You’ll also find the tricks in this helpful guide for your own needs.